Care Packages - My Korean Travel Journal

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Care Packages

This is a quick but special entry just for those who have recently sent me care packages. I want to really thank my friends and family who have recently sent me care packages. I really miss everyone back home, but the things you have sent make you seem not so far away. These everyday items are like touchstones between you and me. There was also chocolate in the package from my parents, but that disappeared after the first night, lol. For all of my reading audience, please don't misunderstand me in this entry. I'm not marking down who sends me things and who doesn't. I really don't put much emphasis on the tangible items themselves. What I really appreciate is just being able to touch something that my loved ones back home touched, and I also am encouraged by the special thoughts that are attached to each thing. So, this is just a thanks to those who sent these special gifts, and for the rest of my reading audience, it is something very special to me that I wanted to share with you. :)

This is from my good friend and life counselor Linda. It was so good to hear from her!


 These are from my nieces. I love my goatee, lol. 


 Henceforth, there never shall be a greater keeper of time in my possession than this! The finest gilded and jewel encrusted watches fail to compare to the excellence and beauty of this device. Thanks Leroy and Carol! You guys know me so well!!

Thee best halloween candy in the entire world. Thanks Amy! I thought I was going to die without candy corn this year, lol!
 Honest to goodness coffee! Real coffee that I can make exactly how I like. Thanks parents!
 I gasped when I saw this! lol Peanut butter! I can get peanut butter here, but it is so expensive!
 Thanks Jena for the dried fruits and veggies! They are so good!

So, once again, thanks to everyone. I can't wait to see everyone! Only nine more months! :)

Also, since I have posted twice in the same day, be sure to check out my other entry from today titled "Learning Korean". Cheerios ~ I.L.Hathhorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here