Jeju-do Round 2 - My Korean Travel Journal

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Jeju-do Round 2

At the end of February, my campus had recruited 400 students for the upcoming term in March. Because this was a new record for the company, they rewarded all the staff with an all expense paid vacation to Jeju Island. Having already been to Jeju, I was experience it once again with my coworkers. I feel very privileged to have seen the island twice now, and I want to go back again sometime to relax and climb Hallasan :)

We had to catch a bus from Anyang at 5:30 in the morning, and this is what I see at 5:30 in the morning, haha







This is the illusive Jeju-do Lion... There are only three left, but researchers have been unable to track them... They seem to hide in a labyrinth of caves under the island.... psych! : D


This is my good friend and coworker Chelsea  or Hyang Hee 


This is called Dragon rock... I'm not sure if I see the dragon... I'm thinking more like a big black jagged rock??? but I don't know... haha








The beautiful ocean... 


There are all of my Korean coworker except Clair... These people here are daily miracle workers including Clair (not shown, haha)! I am privileged to work with such wonderful people, and they have taught me so much as I start my career as an educator.

From left to right their English names are: Ace, Anita (our head teacher), Chelsea, Chloe, and Eva ... 


This is the lovely headless horsewoman also know as my friend Sarah... She will reappear later in this presentation... 


This is the famous o'sulloc tea farm of Jeju... You may remember it from my last post on Jeju. 




I just absolutely love this fountain! 




For a rare glimpse, you are now able to see Sarah, haha, as we fail at trying to make a heart shape... Looks more like an obtuse trapezoid... Next time you meet your lover, see how they react when you sign a romantic card or letter for them with a convex trapezoid shape, LOL... 


Any we give up... 


Wait, wait, maybe one more time ... and that will be a no... It was still fun trying... 


Everyone do the SQUIRREL!  



These are my lovely foreign teacher/ coworkers who more than anything are my wonderful friends... They make everyday fantastic! 

From left to right their English names are (haha): Rebecca, Nicky, Stephanie (who just had to leave our world and go on a to die for tour of Europe and the Mediterranean Sea Coast.) and Sarah... 


So with my lousy camera, I tried to capture all my friends flying over the tea fields, but as you can see, I was just able to get the build up to their take off, haha... 








Haha... it was just so random with the words and the colors that I had to take a picture... 


I named this hurricane bridge because when you crest the bridge, it is like you are in a wind tunnel test for some super sonic car... haha 


but it is still beautiful!!



















This was the leftovers from lunch... The soup was really an amazing adventure, haha! I think I tried every kind of shellfish known to man... I like the abalone the most :)  






I know my friend Linda says they are a lot of work to keep up with, but I really want a Koi pond at some point in my life... 











Thanks friends for letting me know that my hair makes me look like a goofball, LOL




Woodland Nymphs... gosh, I always run into these gals, haha... 




Yeah, the rainbow was not computer animated... why should I get instagram when my pictures are amazing the first time? LOL 


It's Flipper! 







It looks like a turtle... 


Again... no instagrams... I love how I brag about my really not that great at all photo skills and somehow I know something bad is going to happen to my camera just so I learn my lesson, LOL 











So, on the second day, we took a ferry to the furthest island and piece of land still owned by Korea... It was barren, but there were still a little tourist community on the island... Being there, I just felt like I was on the edge of the Earth. It was like this was the last piece of land and if you sailed further, you would drift into space... just a unique experience for myself, haha... 





Signature move ;) 










And the headless horsewoman strikes again!!! 


Or maybe the headless horsewoman is a turtle.... I have a feeling Sarah is going to beat me up in a dark alley after she reads this, LOL... This is why you grit your teeth and take the picture for people, LOL





I don't know if it was the carbon monoxide, but this ferry ride back was like a spiritual experience. It was so relaxing and peaceful... I wish I could have taken this ferry all the way back to Seoul, haha :)





This is the famous Jeju island flower ... 






Oh, I see Stephanie now, she's hiding behind that tree there on the hill, right? 


For some reason, I have this great fact I made up in my mind that flowers and people from England always find each other, haha






I call this dragon stick! 


This next set of pictures is of the oldest rock formations in Korea... It created this beautiful sea cliff! 









I want this in my living room... Hmm, I wonder if my front entry will be wide enough... 



Eva is not only so photogenic, but also gives a great perspective of the size of these cliffs... 










So, we had an amazing and very fast two days on Jeju... I made so many special memories with my friends in Korea... I just wish we had more time to relax in this comfortable setting :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here