- My Korean Travel Journal

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Friday, May 4, 2012

Well, this post is about the Bundang Folk Night. I have contemplated not posting this because the video is so outrageously poor quality that people might think that these were not good musicians. Quite opposite, they were all outstanding. So, please watch these videos and then use your imagination (LOL) to make them like 50 times better, haha. It is like listening to Rachmaninoff on a phonograph. The video just gives you an idea. Anyway, Bundang Folk Night is on the first Saturday night of every month. My friend Eun Heay has been so gracious to meet me both times. While she is also a music lover, it is very brave of her to meet in a room with many foreigners. Yay! Go Eun Heay! The Folk Night is coordinated and produced by Seth Martin who is also a fellow foreign English teacher in Korea. He has a dynamic personality through which he has been able to connect people from EVERY background through the medium of music. Very cool guy! The music is very organic. What I mean is that the musicians play music that is very special to them and has been developed from their ethnic or cultural roots. This music is very special because it is from people's heart and not meant to be played on MTV or in the grocery store. While I have been able to go only two times, each time has been very memorable, and I hope to return soon! Please enjoy and don't judge based on my horrifying camera/video.  

This father-son team was really cool! It is a vision of Korea's past, present, and future. Very positive! 


I don't know how these teachers have the energy to practice after school. 
I am usually so exhausted after work. 
Beautiful music and kudos for the extra hard work!
He made me wish that I kept up with my guitar practice. It was soothing to the soul :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here